Imagine a world where…You could collect your medication 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with no queuing!
Imagine not having to queue for your medication and collecting it whenever suits you best. That’s what we’re proposing with a plan which helps make accessing local health care as easy and convenient as possible. Here’s how:
- We would like to install 2 automatic dispensing robots (known as Pharmaself24) within the external walls of both surgeries so that you do not have to enter the buildings to collect your medication.
- This technology works in a similar way to cash dispensing machines and is a safe and secure way to collect your medication any time of day (or night).
So far, your donations have helped us purchase additional medical equipment such as state of the art defibrillators, paediatric pulse oximeters and spirometers. We are now looking to assign donations towards purchasing Pharmself24.
- Robots (called Pharmaself24) cost £60,000 each and can dispense medication to dispensing and non-dispensing patients alike.
- Clearly this is a major investment and it’s because we cannot cover this cost without jeopardising the provision of day to day care that we’re asking for your help.
- Please can you work with us as a community to achieve this goal?
To get us started we’ve already had a generous donation of £10,000 from a patient in Durrington and would like to put this towards the project. It’s for this reason we suggest locating the first machine there, followed by a second machine in Upavon.
Every penny counts
Donations, large and small, soon add up. Of course, we realise that not everyone would wish, or is able to donate and that’s ok. Likewise, we are not suggesting you donate anything you can’t reasonably afford but, where possible, by sharing the cost between us it’s surprising how easy it could be to reach our goal. Simply by using 7,000 practice members for the purpose of illustration, gives us:
- 50p donated per patient would raise £3,500
- £1 donated per patient would raise £7,000
- £2 donated per patient would raise £14,000
- £2.50 donated per patient would raise £17,500
- £5.00 donated per patient would raise £35,000
- £10.00 donated per patient would raise £70,000
Overall, it’s about keeping services local, in the heart of our communities where they belong.
To find out more about this project:
- Please see the Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit the Hub and Spoke Website.
- Attend one of our annual patient meetings:
2nd September 2019: Upavon Surgery 17:30 to 19:00
9th September 2019: Durrington Surgery 18:30 to 20:00
In anticipation, thank you for your support.